Booking Terms & Conditions
(please note these current T&Cs are for bookings made directly with our office or via our website and replace all and any previously advised and are subject to change until the booking is paid in full)
Beaches Port Douglas accepts bookings in accordance with the following terms & conditions and reserves the right to refuse service and cancel any reservation that does not adhere to the following:
· You must be at least 18 years old to make a reservation.
· A valid credit card and photo ID will be required prior to check in.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend you take out appropriate travel insurance and include cover for cancellation should you need to unexpectedly amend/cancel your travel plans. You may be able to claim for loss of deposit & cancellation fees applicable according to these terms and conditions.
Deposit Required: A non-refundable deposit of $200.00 is charged at time of reservation to secure the booking. Please note that any applicable credit card transaction fees do not form part of the deposit payment and are charged in addition to the requested deposit amount.
Balance Payment: The total cost of your expected accommodation is required 14 days prior to arrival for low season bookings and 30 days prior to arrival for high/mid/peak season bookings (including Easter school holidays/June to November and Christmas/New Year school holidays and any local events). Please note that any applicable credit card transaction fees do not form part of the balance payment and are charged in addition to the requested balance amount.
Credit Card Payments: We accept Visa, Mastercard & Amex and a 1.5% credit card transaction fee applies. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
Transfer Payments: If you wish to use our BPay function to transfer from your bank account, please contact our office so we can send the information to facilitate this.
NB: If deposit or balance payment is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to cancel the booking and any payments received to date will be forfeited.
· For amendments within 3 days of your original booking date there is no amendment administration fee incurred. Please note if you cancel your booking at this point the $200 non refundable deposit will be forfeited.
· For amendments prior to the balance due date, you will incur a $50 amendment administration fee. This is charged at the time of actioning the amendment.
- For amendments after the balance due date, this will constitute a cancellation of the original booking and the cancellation policy will apply.
· All amendments must be received in writing to our office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and cannot be confirmed by our front office staff by phone. Once actioned you will receive written confirmation of the amendment and the charge of the amendment administration fee from our office.
- Please note that any amendments are subject to availability, and new rates will be applied for the new dates. Rates may differ for future dates. No promotions/special offers can be honoured if they are no longer for sale at the time of amendment.
- We strongly suggest taking out appropriate travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances in the event you need to cancel or reduce the length of your stay.
Cancellations prior to the balance due date will be charged a $200 cancellation administration fee. Should you cancel your reservation after your balance due date 100% cancellation fee applies.
· All cancellations must be received in writing to our office via email (email@example.com) and cannot be confirmed by our front office staff by phone. Once actioned you will receive written confirmation of the cancellation and any applicable cancellation fees from our office.
· Cancellation fees will be applied from date of written notification being received.
· For cancellations prior to the balance due date, the non-refundable deposit will be retained as a $200 cancellation administration fee. This fee covers the costs of processing the booking eg, making, receipting, and holding the booking and banking the money, cancelling the booking from the system, processing and meeting bank charges and auditing regulations. Any other deposit monies received over $200 shall be refunded to you or retained as hotel credit towards a future booking. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
· For cancellations after the balance due date the monies paid will be forfeited and 100% of the full amount will be charged as a cancellation administration fee. This cover the unlikely event that we will be able to replace the cancelled booking at such short notice. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.
· ‘No Show’, ‘Late Check In’ or ‘Early Departure’ for any reason incurs the full accommodation cost of the original reservation. There is no refund for unused nights.
· Cancellation fees apply to all cancellations for any reason including, but is not limited to, change of mind, any illness (including Covid-19) or injury, flight/transportation cancellations or amendments, or any other third-party arrangement made that may affect your stay with us.
· Should any cancellations be part of a package or include tours/transfers booked by us on your behalf prior to your arrival, further cancellation charges or administration fees may be applicable for these extra components as charged by the supplier.
· This cancellation policy does NOT apply to special discounted or promotional rates that were advertised as fully non-refundable, please refer to email confirmation that will be specific to your booking.
· We strongly suggest taking out appropriate travel insurance to cover unforeseen circumstances in the event you need to cancel or reduce the length of your stay.
*Border Travel Restrictions/Lock Downs ~ only applicable if current information on any official state/territory government website means that you are/will be in lock down on day of arrival OR you are unable to enter Queensland on/by day of arrival due to Queensland Government restrictions. (NB: this does not include any travel cancellations or other itinerary components operated by a third party on your behalf).
You have the following options available to you:
· Amend current dates and incur a $50 amendment administration fee. All other monies paid (deposit and/or balance) can be transferred to new travel dates – subject to availability and applicable advertised rates.
· Convert to a hotel credit under your name which can be used within 6 months of original stay dates. If not used within 6 months, then any monies paid will be forfeited. Hotel credits are not transferrable. If a name change occurs or the guest checking in does not match the lead booking name a $50 amendment administration fee will be applied to the account.
· Cancel your reservation and incur a cancellation administration fee of $200 if your cancellation is prior to your balance due date. Or 1-night if balance is has been paid.
NB: Any refund will be processed within 7-10 business days less the applicable cancellation fee and any credit card handling fees. You will receive written confirmation once the refund has been processed from us. We are unable to confirm how long the refund will then take to show on your bank statement. Refunds will processed on to the tender type used to make the payment. All credit card transaction fees are non-refundable in the event of cancellation.